Thursday, November 26, 2009

I throw my own Party

It's my blog-iversary. That's right. I've been blogging for one year now. And it's been challenging. And fun. And pretty rewarding.


Anyway, I've planned on sharing with you the whole gist of the blog and what the point is for quite some time now. I figured if I could make it a year then I could really start taking it seriously.


So here's the deal: Many of us have a desire to evolve. To move on past the old shadows of the past. To shake off the shackles of traditional thought. We want to think better.


But while we work on this, we cannot be content to merely save ourselves. We must help others. Bring them up with us.

Recognize this image? It's an illustration of Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

If you're unfamiliar, go read it. If you now understand that we're freed prisoners, help me out. Thank you.

Thanks, Liz, for making me do this.

No comments: