Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Wednesday's Sexy Word of the Week
Right to it, shall we?
Here's the thing: I don't know why there's an H after the R but I like it. You can try to pronounce it if you like. I'm not sure it's a good idea, though. Do make sure the P gets plenty of attention. And soften the D as much as you can.
Using this word may make you seem pretentious. Or a child of the 80s. I haven't decided. But if you know the really sweet definitions(all six of them), you may use it with honour:
1. Music. an instrumental composition irregular in form and suggestive of improvisation.
2. an ecstatic expression of feeling or enthusiasm.
3. an epic poem, or a part of such a poem, as a book of the Iliad, suitable for recitation at one time.
4. a similar piece of modern literature.
5. an unusually intense or irregular poem or piece of prose.
6. Archaic. a miscellaneous collection; jumble.
Let's take a brief glimpse at Number 2. Ecstatic? Enthusiasm? Very cool. And how you not get ecstatic and enthusiastic about one of the greatest Asian rockers of all time. No, not William Hung.
Ha. Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.