Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday's Sexy Word of the Week



*Sigh* It's Wednesday again and everyone is shouting from their beds "What's the word?! What's the word?! What's today's sexy word?!"

Calma, ragazzi. <--Not the word. But rather sexy, no?

No, I think today's word will be...........

Absolution

I understand that many of you may say that this word's connotation keeps you from seeing it as sexy but slow down. Pronounce it sllllooooooowwwwwwly.

Works, doesn't it? Just make sure that you make the A sound somewhere in between the short ă and the dull schwa. (yes, i just called the schwa dull. get over it.)

Let me take your preconceived notions for a moment, thank you, and fling them out the window. Wonderful. We will now take a closer look at the definition of this word:


1. act of absolving; a freeing from blame or guilt; release from consequences, obligations, or penalties.
2. state of being absolved.

One does not have to be particularly religious to use words that have been mainly associated with religions. I think the act of absolution is a fantastic behaviour to have in your repertoire, both getting absolved and doing the absolving. See, to me there is a greater power in absolution than forgiveness. Forgiveness is more like "Yeah, you fucked up big time. I acknowledge that fact and since you've apologized, I now forgive you." Whereas absolution says "You messed up? I didn't notice. Kiss me."

Sorry, I'm a big Muse fan.

Lips are turning blue
A kiss that can't renew
I only dream of you
My beautiful

Tiptoe to your room
A starlight in the gloom
I only dream of you
And you never knew

Sing for absolution
I will be singing
And falling from your grace

There's no where left to hide
In no one to confide
The truth burns deep inside
And will never die

Lips are turning blue
A kiss that can't renew
I only dream of you
My beautiful

Sing for absolution
I will be singing
And falling from your grace
Sing for absolution
I will be singing
And falling from your grace

Our wrongs
Remain unrectified
And our souls
Won't be exhumed

2 comments:

Christine Vyrnon said...

I like to absolve myself.

DM said...

This might be my favorite one that you have ever done. I can't help but say it out loud every time I stop by your blog. I say it slowly, ha.