Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Zen

I threw my cup away when I saw a child drinking from his hands at the trough.--Diogenes


What is it that you actually need? How many things have you bought that remain unused? How many times have you said lately that 'I need a good egg-yolker' or 'I need to go to the store to get some more sheet weights'?

Hey, you can spend your money however you want. It makes no difference to me, really. I'm just saying that maybe you should realize that you don't really need all that stuff. Sure you want it. You can afford it. But Life(as you know it) would not be any less had you not those things. Got it?

2 comments:

Christine Vyrnon said...

Coming from me, you'll be able to stomach this... maybe: Matt. 6:25-31.

It's always good to clean house. Deep clean. Get rid of and remind self of all the crap we squirrel away... for what?
for what?

Thanks for the reminder.

britbird said...

I thourougly enjoy going to Walgreen's and looking at all of the odd gadgets that I always want to buy...because I "need" them.

Then I leave and go to the bar.

I have realized that my odd obsession with kitchen untensils is almost as bad as my obsession with drinking....

If I can leave Walgreens without a slap chopper....

Surely I can go to a show and not leave drunk....

Your blogs change lives.
xx
brit.