Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday's Sexy Word of the Week




Capricious




One hard 'c' and one soft. And a 'p' that really punches.

–adjective
1. subject to, led by, or indicative of caprice or whim; erratic: He's such a capricious boss I never know how he'll react.
2. Obsolete. fanciful or witty.
More on needs and wants: I had an Economics teacher who posited that there are no such things as 'needs', only 'wants'. You don't need to eat. You want to live so you want to eat in order to live. Once we come to the realization that we don't really need anything but want everything, we can become more comfortable with not having certain things or even being okay with losing things. For example, when my parents would ground me to my room for being exactly myself, I was able to find enough pleasure within my room that the grounding meant nothing close to punishment. Become not so attached to those things that ground us. Free yourself of restrictions and realize that everything and everytime is what you make of it. Want to derive the purest, simplest pleasure from those things that you already have. Or can get without any measurable effort. Sometimes good things aren't "worth the sacrifice." Many things require no sacrifice whatsoever. And perhaps very little effort other than a mental reworking. That in and of itself, I'll grant, can be quite the effort. Changing a mental attitude is often the most difficult of all changes. But still, it requires very little money. And often the time required can be used for other things at the same time. I know that I constantly think of this blog while working. Two birds with one stone, and all that jazz. Use your time wisely.

No comments: