Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday's Sexy Word of the Week


This one's fun. And its definitions are very, very interesting.


Meretricious.



I know, I know, we like the words that end with essesssssssss. It's because they're so fucking sexy. What are we gonna do? And I like the Rs in this one, too. Especially the first one. Try rolling it like a Spanish R. I'm still not sure which is sexier but it's fun to practice. Ready for the definitions?

1. Of or pertaining to prostitutes; having to do with prostitutes.
2. Alluring by vulgar or flashy display; gaudily and deceitfully ornamental; tawdry; as, "meretricious dress."
3. Based on pretense or insincerity; as, "a meretricious argument"

Ha. Tawdry, insincere prostitutes. Sounds like a good Saturday night. I don't see myself using the first one very often but I'm pretty sure I'm going to garner a lot of pleasure by telling someone that their argument is "meretricious." Oh fuck yeah. Suck it. Meretriciously.

1 comment:

Christine Vyrnon said...

Speaking of Guy de Maupassant, this fits him... he would use it... or write a story based on it.