Thursday, July 9, 2009

You Watch Yer Fuckin' Mouth!


"The whole point o' swearin' is that it ain't appropriate." --Kaylee Frye

I was watching an episode of Firefly last night while I finished up my second martini and that cute little mechanic was having a debate with the good doctor about cussin'. What if we viewed those words, the seven dirty words that the FCC won't let us broadcast over the airwaves as just more superfluous language that anyone can use if they know how? I mean, I know people who use lots of multisyllabic words that are completely unnecessary to their meaning but they like to employ their vocabulary in such a way that not only are they getting a point across but it also sounds good.









1 comment:

Christine Vyrnon said...

The joys of swearing.

As you wrote this, I was writing rough draft of thingy about same subject. Still working on it, but suffice it to say... jesus fucking christ.